I miss Friday night poker

Today is the first day in a while (a few weeks) where I was able to stay focused on work all day. I also slept soundly for 8 hours last night (albeit in 2 shifts). If this continues tomorrow, I think I have to give some credit to the people at City of Hope for taking the stress of scheduling my appointments and leaving me with the feeling of confidence that everything will be taken care of for me.

There *is* one thing that I miss. Friday night poker. I miss getting out of the house, which doesn't happen very often working from home). I miss the drive down the coast. I miss using my analytical mind. But I've also made up my mind that it's just not worth the risk of getting sick and putting my surgery at risk. With my surgery I stand a chance. Without it, well.... 

Comments

  1. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad you made a decision about who to go to for your care. There’s a lot to be said for peace of mind and getting the help you need.

    I’m sorry poker is out for now. In these unprecedented times I think you’re making a wise decision!
    Use it as something to look forward to once you’re back on your feet again…..

    Hugs & Best wishes Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m listed as anonymous…. Didn’t notice that I had a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With regards to becoming a cancer survivor, it beats the alternative. 12 years and counting😃. Come join the club😃.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22