My Last Regular Recovery Update

Hard to believe it's been just over 4 weeks since surgery. If you would have asked me before last week, I would have told you that I wasn't "feeling the same" as before the surgery. That seemed to change in the last week. Or perhaps I've gotten used to what's going to be the "new normal" for me. Either way, I'm feeling really good and am ready to just chill for a couple of weeks before returning to work. 

Let's see how last week's plan worked out:

  • Wash my Car (including vacuum) DONE. My car is nice and clean inside and out!   
  • Cook multiple meals: DONE. My back still gets tired after standing form more than about 30 minutes, but as long as I give myself a little extra time, I'm able to get back to this hobby in earnest!
  • Walk 20 minute round trip: DONE. Not only did I get out 20 minutes every other day, yesterday (9/19) I went for a little brisker 30 minute walk. I'll continue every other day for this week, and then target every day for next week. Who knows - maybe I'll hit up a trail or two next week as well.   
  • Establish long term care plan: FAIL. Still waiting for the final report.
Based on how I feel, I think I'm going to make this my final regular surgery update for the time being. I definitely want to write a wrap up - more for me - so I can remember what I went though during this episode. I was going to use the word "ordeal", except that other than a few days right around the surgery, it really wasn't that bad. Not that I want to do it again.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22

I miss Friday night poker