Blood pressure is way down today

 Earlier this morning I was hoping some things would go my way today:

  • 8:30AM: I receved an email that I have a new message in MyCityof Hope. The message is from Dr. Yamzon asking if 8/04 surgery date works. (YESSSSS!!!!). I fist pump and responded yes.
  • Ran into my wife's office (the bedroom) and let her know. Fist pumps all around.
  • 10:04AM: Call from a 626 number. (Don't let phone spammers know - but I'm answering all calls these days). It's Tony from City of Hope. In one call we schedule and confirm surgery date (8/4), pre-op (7/21), Covid test (8/1). I ask about imaging. We schedule bone scan and 2 CT scans for Monday (6/27).
It's about 6:15PM right now, but I think the feeling of relief is still there. I can breathe.

This is way better than Tuesday when I had to take a day off work and spend most of it on the phone with multiple imaging centers before calling in a favor from my brother-in-law to get someone on the inside at Memorialcare Saddleback to get the bone scan and one CT scan squeezed on on Friday. Never mind the other calls and emails to Monica at Cedars to get the authorizations transferred from Newport Diagnostics (where they couldn't get me on the schedule until 7/5 for a 7/7 surgery). Tuesday has definitely been the peak of my frustration. I know how the system works and it still took me all day to get things scheduled. What about those who don't know how to work the system and to be aggressive to get your way? I feel for them. I really do. 

It took one call to schedule everything. I only need to go to one facility to get it done. Thank you City of Hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22

Recovery Goals for the Week of 8/28/22