Uh, uh, uh

The call came in at about 4:30PM, Friday June 3. I had just gotten home from getting a CT scan and chest xray as I completed the pain in the ass lab tests and imaging ordered by my new hematologist/oncologist as he tried to eliminate standard causes of hypercalcemia originall diagnosed by my PCP and confimred by my endocrinologist. 

"Glenn, your CT scan shows a giant mass on your left kidney. It's about 17cm. We've got to get it out of there. I'll refer you to a urologist immediately. We may have just saved your life. Do you have any questions?"

By this time, we wife had hurried into the room. 

"Uh. Uh. Ummm. No I guess not," is all I could stammer.

My wife asked, "Did he say 17cm?"

I guess my journey begins as soon as I pick myself up off the floor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22

Recovery Goals for the Week of 8/28/22