That Didn't Go As Planned

Quite a week. 

Last Monday (two days before surgery), I got a call from my surgeon's scheduler, "Good morning Mr. Jones. Has Dr. Yamzon talked with you?"

Eeesh. What is going on now? What don't I know about my condition? Is there something that the doctors found while studying my chart and images?

"No," I replied. 

"Oh. Okay. We need to let you know that Dr. Yamzon has Covid and we need to reschedule your surgery."

The mechanics were easy enough. We rescheduled surgery for the 19th and a Covid test for the 16th.

I really should have written something in this journal. I was ready. I was focused on recovery. I was too disappointed to do antything except some sulking.

Time to buckle back in. Surgery is two weeks away.


Comments

  1. Rescheduling.. ugh!!! Especially when you have your mind set, I know the feeling, but even though you are having your moments of sulking.. you encourage me with your positive and compassionate outlook at this whole process. I continue to pray for you daily…
    Always,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22

I miss Friday night poker