Yesterday Felt Like a Regular Day

Disclaimer: I've made a decision that I'm going to keep others that I may write about in this blog anonymous. I am deeply appreciative for all the love and empathy that I am receiving from old friends. There's one message in particular that I received a couple days ago that let me start my Saturday on the right foot. Thank you to that old friend.

I realized last night that yesterday was kind of a normal day. Got up early, had my coffee. Listened to Morning Edition while scanning the WaPo and the OC Register. Go through my email from the previous day. Planned the menu and made the shopping list for the week. Chopped up an onion and potato and cooked up some hash for breakfast. Headed out for my weekly car wash. Special trip this week to Costco. Then the regular shopping cycle of Trader Joe's, Mission Ranch Market, and Stater Brothers. Back home for lunch. Quick nap (thanks to being bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4:30AM). Whip up some zucchini and corn fritters and grill some sausages for dinner. Settle in and go through the pile of mail on my desk while watching some YouTube and HBO Max. Just a regular Saturday. Well. Except in the "olden times" I'd be playing poker after dinner....

Comments

  1. I’m so glad you’re feeling some sense of normal. This post made me smile!!
    Sending continuous hugs and prayers as you continue on this unplanned journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22

I miss Friday night poker