Bored or impatient?

Is drumming my fingers a sign of boredom or is it a sign of impatience? 11 days to go. I'm feeling both.


I completed my pre-op and labs on Thursday. Mini-carmageddon is underway in Irwindale (major construction on the I-210 as twelve lanes of traffic squeezed down to 6). I managed to use surface streets to bypass the freeway traffic, but it still took 30 minutes longer than normal. I left early, so there wasn't any additional stress and I navigated the gravel pits of Irwindale. In fact, on the positive side, I was able to fill up with cheap gas (at the time of this writing, $5.19 a gallon is pretty cheap).

Pre-op consisted of going over my medical history, the obligatory measurement of vitals and an EKG. I received instructions on medications that I need to stop taking between now and the surgery, as well as instructions for the night before surgery. I dialed in my meds for next week. I'l going to need to remember to look at this again next weekend.

Then it was off to the lab for some blood draws. It's interesting how directions at City of Hope focus on Starbucks. For example, to get to the lab, "Go out this door, turn right. Go to the Starbucks and turn right. Go down to the end of the hallway and turn left."

Last thing for this week was a visit to my PCP in Newport for her signoff on the pre-op from City of Hope. Luckily, she had a cancellation and I was able to get in in the late afternoon.

Finally, I'm back to masking. Covid B.5 seems to be running rampant. Right now is not the time to take a chance on getting sick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22

Recovery Goals for the Week of 8/28/22