Last Day of Work (for a While)

I was supposed to work today. I realized after dialing in, the last thing I needed was the stress and pressure of the job on top of what I'm already feeling. I took the advice of a friend and cleaned up my desk and gave everyone orders. 

I felt guilty doing it, but in retrospect I think it was the right decision. I really didn't need to leave for my surgery feeling more guilty.

I spent the afternoon watching YouTubes of "ROBOTICALLY ASSISTED LEFT NEPHRECTOMY RADICAL." Go ahead. Type it in the search box. I dare you.

It was actually quite impressive. Imagine five pairs of hands in this small area trying to remove a kidney. I was suprised to see just how protected our kidneys are behind all the other organs in there. I was even more suprised to see that from the time the first incisions were made to the time the kidney was put in the bag for removal was less than an hour. Wow.

Tomorrow is Covid test. At least I'll get to drive somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Feet are Back on the Ground

Recovery Goals for Week of 9/4/22

I miss Friday night poker